Allen Bullard is an experienced attorney with broad and diverse litigation experience, including products liability and toxic torts matters, residential and commercial construction litigation, business and commercial litigation, insurance defense, class actions, criminal prosecution and defense, and appellate advocacy. For several years he served as a member of a team of attorneys who coordinated the nationwide defense of thousands of asbestos claims against several manufacturers of building products in more than thirty states. He also has represented defendants in matters related to alleged benzene exposure and other toxic chemicals.
Allen’s construction litigation practice includes the representation of commercial general contractors, both local and regional in scope; regional residential home builders; custom home builders owners; commercial and residential specialty contractors/subcontractors; material suppliers; and sureties.
Allen regularly represents various business interests involved in commercial transaction negotiations, contract negotiations and litigation through both direct representation and on behalf of insurance carriers. These interests range from nationwide Fortune 500 companies with thousands of employees to local, sole proprietors and single-member LLC’s.
Allen also devotes a significant amount of his practice to the representation of life, health and disability insurance carriers in provider disputes, utilization review and ERISA matters. Allen has acted as lead litigation counsel for a major health insurance carrier and third-party administrator in a multi-year, multi-million dollar project to recover payments made to health care providers based on improper claims for medically unnecessary treatments and services.
Allen also conducts commercial and residential real estate closings and represents corporate and individual interests in real estate and real property matters including, purchase and sale contract disputes; enforceability of easements and restrictive covenants; commercial landlord-tenant disputes; mortgage and lien foreclosures; and other associated real property disputes.
Since Allen spent the early part of his career in the criminal law arena, he continues to handle a select number of criminal trial, appellate and post-conviction relief matters.
Allen prides himself on client communication and relations. He gives all of his clients, whether they be a nationwide corporate entity involved in a multi-million dollar dispute or an individual facing a misdemeanor charge in city court, the same attention and quality of service.
- Randall v. State, 356 S.C. 639, 591 S.E.2d 608 (2004)
- Payne v. State, 355 S.C. 642, 586 S.E.2d 857 (2003)
- Easter v. State, 355 S.C. 79, 584 S.E.2d 117 (2003)
- Cutner v. State, 354 S.C. 151, 580 S.E.2d 120 (2003)
- Frasier v. State, 351 S.C. 385, 570 S.E.2d 172 (2002)
- Harris v. State, 349 S.C. 46, 562 S.E.2d 311 (2002)
- Carter v. State, 329 S.C. 355, 495 S.E.2d 773 (1998)
- Gibson v. State, 329 S.C. 37, 495 S.E.2d 426 (1998)
- Jackson v. State, 331 S.C. 486, 489 S.E.2d 915 (1997)
- Padgett v. State, 324 S.C. 22, 484 S.E.2d 101 (1997)
- Brooks v. State, 325 S.C. 269, 481 S.E.2d 712 (1997)
- Gustine v. State, 325 S.C. 123, 480 S.E.2d 444 (1997)
- Thames v. State, 325 S.C. 9, 478 S.E.2d 682 (1996)