Comprehensive General Liability Defense To Protect Businesses and Their Insurers
Reliable litigation services and sound advice on terms of coverage from a Columbia-based law firm
Businesses and their insurers rely on Montgomery Willard, LLC for defense against crippling general liability claims. As a small Columbia law firm, we’re committed to providing personalized services that address the specific needs of our clients. So, each client meets directly with a partner attorney with more than 20 years of insurance litigation experience and a sterling reputation for ethical performance. Rather than consigning your case to the slow track, overseen by an untested associate, we jump-start your representation. We apply veteran insights to pinpoint the critical elements of your legal dispute, and focus the resources necessary to resolve it quickly and cost effectively.
Capable trial and appeal representation in general liability defense
To make a frivolous lawsuit go away or negotiate a reasonable settlement of a legitimate claim, defense counsel must be willing to go to trial. At Montgomery Willard, our attorneys have more than 70 years of combined experience in high-stakes commercial and general civil litigation, from ERISA to premises liability. We’ve made an excellent name for ourselves throughout South Carolina as courtroom tacticians and honest brokers. This reputation discourages opponents from pursuing adversarial proceedings and motivates them to settle. But far from resting on our laurels, we work diligently to ensure that every client gets the full benefit of our legal knowledge, experience and commitment.
Prudent counsel on terms of commercial liability policies in South Carolina
Businesses in the cyber age must go beyond traditional commercial liability policies to protect their interests. Traditionally, policies have covered numerous aspects of business enterprises, including:
- Products — Coverage insures against a liability lawsuit against the manufacturer or distributor because a defect in the product has allegedly caused bodily injury or property damage
- Completed operations — Coverage insures against a liability lawsuit against an insured business, such as a construction contractor, because a defect in a completed project has allegedly caused bodily injury or property damage
- Premises and operations — Coverage insures against a liability lawsuit against an operator of a business, because the insured’s business operation allegedly caused bodily injury on the premises
- Elevator – Coverage insures against a liability lawsuit against an operator of a business, because an elevator or escalator on the insured’s premises allegedly caused bodily injury
- Independent contractors — Coverage insures against a liability lawsuit against an operator of a business because the negligent acts or omissions of an independent contractor allegedly caused bodily injury or property damage
Contemporary businesses may wish to pay special premiums to extend coverage in areas that have traditionally been excluded. Montgomery Willard advises insurers about underwriting contemporary business risks such as damage to computer data or the environment. Our knowledgeable attorneys have a firm grasp of the language necessary to conform polices to precedential federal and South Carolina case law. Working closely with clients, our insurance defense attorneys craft endorsements that indemnify insureds’ copyright, patent, trademark, intellectual property and Internet usage rights.
Contact our insurance lawyers in Columbia, SC
Insurers who underwrite commercial activity trust Montgomery Willard for reliable legal advice and vigorous litigation defense. To schedule an appointment, call 803-470-0722 or contact our Columbia office online.